Tuesday 4 December 2012

$20 makeup tag

Before I start, I'll mention that this is made up of mostly US and UK products. Australian cosmetic prices are quite high. I was inspired to do this post after watching a video by InfectiousBeauty, an Aussie beauty guru who did the $20 makeup challenge!

1. Milani Press Powder in Beige 08 $5.75 

beautyjoint.com
Aside from the strong perfume smell, I do like this press powder. For its price, I am happy with the results as it keeps my face looking fresh and matte.

2. L.A Girl Endless auto eyeliner in Black $2.49

beautyjoint.com
I like that this is one of the wind up crayon eyeliners. What I don't like is that its not very soft, it requires a bit of pressure so sometimes there is a bit of tugging involved!


3. Sleek Volume & Curl mascara in Black $4.99
sleekmakeup.com
Nothing too fancy, does the job and is the cheapest mascara I own. I've done a review on this mascara.




4. Kleancolor American Eyedol wet/dry baked shadow in Taupe $1.75
beautyjoint.com
This is a nice neutral colour which is very wearable. I do like the Kleancolor baked shadows, I've done a review on them here!






5. Boe Beauty bronzer #5 Glow bronzing powder $2 
Big W
(International readers: swap this for e.l.f Essential Healthy Glow bronzing powder which is $1.99! I don't own this but it has modest reviews)








Swatched above - the pigmentation is decent, but what really draws me to this is the colour. It looks soft and natural when applied.



The look so far - eyes with the Kleancolor shadow, L.A Girl eyeliner on the top lash line and lower water line with Sleek mascara. I am also wearing the Boe bronzer here, the light has fallen on the right side of this photo but the bronzer adds a nice glow.

6. MUA lipstick Shade #7 $1.50 (roughly, as it costs 1 pound in the UK)
muastore.co.uk
I have only just received this lipstick so I can't say too much about it but I will be posting a full review about this shade (and a few others) shortly. 




= $18.48

$1.52 left over...from looking through beautyjoint.com, the only thing that I can find that could be added is a Jordana lip liner to go with the lipstick ($1).

Phew! Sorry that this post is mostly international products but I don't think this challenge can be done with Australian products. Also I cheated slightly as I didn't include brushes but you could probably apply the shadow and bronzer with your fingers.

What products would you use for this tag?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...