Friday 28 February 2014

Beauty Buys of the Month

My month long spending ban is over! How did I do? Let's have a look at what I purchased...

Swisspers Makeup Removal Wipes
Dove Clear Touch Deodorant
Lucas' Papaw Ointment
LA Girl Pro Conceal
Revlon Colorstay Foundation (not pictured)

Everything here is replacing something I had used up in the previous month (refer to my empties!). Except the papaw ointment, I seem to have lost my tube of it. I go to the University of Newcastle AKA the uni built on a swamp, so I always get lots of mossie bites...this stuff is great to keep in my bag to apply on itchy bites. I bought the Revlon foundation off Ebay and it hasn't arrived yet, but it is a replacement too, so I think everything here is justified! 

I think I might treat myself with a few goodies, I've been eyeing off some nail polishes, and my quarterly Priceline voucher arrived today - perfect timing!

The one month beauty spending ban has really helped my willpower. There were times where I didn't think I would survive, but somehow I did. I just had to remind myself about how I'm running out of storage space (and I can't stand clutter!) so that was a good motivator to not buy extra things. 

Have you ever gone on a spending ban? Was it successful?

17 comments:

  1. Every time I get paid I tell myself I will save. It never happens. oops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too...within 3 days, 75% of my paycheck is gone then I struggle through the rest of the fortnight lol

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Haha...they're actually pretty boring but thanks.

      Delete
  3. I lost my paw paw ointment too. I had like 3 tubes of them and they just dissapeared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha oh dear! I seem to misplace mine a lot too. Maybe the tub would be easier to keep tabs on!

      Delete
  4. Good job on only repurchasing products! I know how hard it is when you've finished something up to go buy a million things lol


    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lol it was tough but I'm glad I survived :D

      Delete
  5. you pick up some essentials, it doesn't count as spending :P I'm "usually" pretty good with spending bans, emphasis on the "usually", but I'm not too good at using up products >_<

    LilynotLouise | Beauty and Food

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Essentials are exempt from spending bans :P especially deodorant, ain't nobody got time for being stinky! I'm also not very good at using up things, I have too much of everything lol :(

      Delete
  6. Good job! This month I'm not going to buy anything unless I absolutely need it! Going to try and use up some of the products I own but never use instead of going out and buying something new that has the same purpose! lol Lets see how I go..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also, I agree with the mozzies!! Just packed some aerogard for tomorrow :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck, hopefully you can use up some products :) oh my gosh the mossies are insane atm...they have been biting me through my clothes! I think I need to use Aeroguard as moisturiser!

      Delete
  8. Argh, I'm still waiting for my Priceline quarter voucher!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only got mine on Friday, so I assume yours will be with you within the next week :)

      Delete
  9. I've put myself on a sort of long term spending ban/project pan... I can't believe how many products I have, and how many are almost identical!! I do allow myself to buy something 'new' occasionally, including the recent DJ sampler bag and Priceline hair bag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you! That's actually a really good idea! I sometimes feel depressed about how much money I've spent on things that are 90% similar...I could have put that money towards a holiday or something :/

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...