Monday 1 June 2015

Foundation rotation

I can't explain why, but lately I've had a fascination for foundation. I want to try them all. But now I have something like 7 or 8 foundations, I only have one face, is this really necessary?! Anyways, I've been leaning towards a few lately so I'll give you a bit of a rundown...

L-R
Maybelline Super Stay Foundation
Rimmel 25 Hour  Lasting Finish
L'Oreal True Match
Rimmel Match Perfection

Maybelline Super Stay
So this one is the newest to my collection because apparently I could not resist the recent 50% off sale at Chemist Warehouse. I bought this 'blindly' - what I mean by that is that I didn't do any research on it or look at any reviews of it beforehand. But luckily, I'm liking it so far. Some have said that it's a cheaper version of Revlon Colorstay and I think for the most part I do agree. It applies very well and doesn't feel overly cakey. It probably doesn't have quite as much coverage as Colorstay though, but I'm okay with that. It still is medium-full coverage with good lasting power, although I get a bit shiny by the end of the day. I'd rate it an 8/10.

Rimmel Lasting Finish
Alright, where do I start? I really want to love this. I'm trying so hard. But you know what they say, you can't force love. I read so many great reviews (especially on Beauty Heaven) and I was like omg I need this foundation. I just don't get excited about it. It feels very thick and it takes me time to apply and blend it because of how thick it is. The coverage is medium-full, but its kind of...flat. I find it boring, if that even makes sense. It makes my face feel tacky for a while after applying. It's also not particularly buildable as I did notice caking at the end of the day on the areas I tried to cover more. Funnily enough, I actually think it looks better at the end of the day (when its not cakey) when its had some time to wear into my skin. So maybe if I wanted this to look good, I'd put it on and go for a run? Hmm. I'll use it up, but I doubt I'll repurchase. 5/10

L'Oreal True Match
This is my favourite foundation right now. I bought it because I know Lauren Curtis raves about it, and shes always got a flawless base. It dries to a semi-matte powder finish, but the thing I love most about it is how light weight it feels, how easily it applies and that it's buildable! I haven't worn this for photos yet so I'm not sure how the SPF holds up under flash photography, but other than that, I'd rate it as a 10. 

Rimmel Match Perfection
I've had this for some time, but I find myself reaching for it on my days off when I want a fresh look without too much makeup. It's light coverage which gives a really natural glow. Initially when I got this foundation, I didn't like it but now its one of my favourites. The only downside to it is that it doesn't have the best wear time, so for that I rate it a 9/10.

Do you have any of these foundations and if so, what are your thoughts on them? I'd love to hear your feedback in the comments below. 

2 comments:

  1. True Match just melts into the skin! I love it for that flawless finish. And if you're on a foundation kick, you need to try the Maybelline Dream Wonder foundation. AH-mazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 100% agree! Oh I kind of wish you hadn't told me, I don't think I need any more foundations for now haha!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...