Saturday 3 August 2013

Suigo shampoo + conditioner review

Suigo is a brand I've seen popping up quite a bit in the beauty blogging world, so after expressing interest on a blog post of Sarah's on Suigo hair products, she asked if I would be interested in trying out some samples - um, heck yes!


Suigo Ultimate Control Shampoo
Suigo Ultimate Control Conditioner

I was lucky enough to receive two 60mL bottles, shampoo and conditioner. The bottles look quite nice - simple but elegant.

From a quick peruse of the website, it seems that this range is packed full of great ingredients (bean protein and nut oil, to name a few), and not your usual chemical nasties. To be honest, I generally just use any shampoo because my hair isn't too fussy, but I feel like this range really does make a difference. I'm thinking it has something to do with the no-nasties approach that Suigo has towards hair.

The shampoo is super creamy and smells delicious - if only I could find a body wash that smelt like this! It smells kind of like salon hair products, with a hint of cinnamon. The shampoo lathers well and leaves my hair feeling smooth, but not stripped.

The conditioner is also excellent, but make sure you wash it out really well otherwise it can leave some residue behind. Again, the smell is pleasant. It gives you that 'slip' feeling which I am a fan of.

As for volumising - yep, it definitely adds volume. The next morning, after taming my fro, I found I had more volume at the roots which is where I normally lack volume and look limp. My hair felt soft and bouncy, but maybe a little less wavy than usual - this might be from the thick conditioner. I did get some compliments on my hair in the following days, so I guess thats a good sign!

Overall, I did like the shampoo and conditioner. I'd probably use them for days when I need a bit more volume, like when I plan to straighten my hair, for some extra oomph. As for the packaging, I found the lids quite difficult to open and close - not too sure why!

Have you tried Suigo products before?

2 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed trying them out :) I found the lids difficult to snap shut too! I thought I was just weak hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I thought I just had a dud lid, good to know I'm not the only one!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...