Wednesday 3 July 2013

May + June empties

I held off writing a May empties post last month, because I didn't feel I used up enough things. So I'm going to do a combined empties post. Where is time going? I feel like the last two months have sped by in the blink of an eye...

L-R
Coles Nail Polish Remover
Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Foaming scrub (sample sized)
Garnier Ultra Dry Roll On

Coles nail polish remover
This appears every 2-3 months in my empties so I haven't got much more to say about it, just that it's still the cheapest I can find and does the job. Repurchased.

Neutrogena grapefruit scrub
I really liked this scrub. It's a pale pink gel scrub with small grains in it (not too abrasive) that cleanse the skin really well. It smells quite nice too. This sample lasted me about 3 weeks, using it once a day. I think I will consider purchasing this when I have exhausted all of my current skin care.

Garnier Ultra Dry Roll On
This particular version of their mineral deodorants is awful. It smells powdery and leaves a powdery residue behind. It probably does last 48 hours but I had to wash it off as soon as I was home/not busy because it smelt weird and the powder made me itch. I was only able to use half of this up because I disliked it too much. I won't repurchase this particular type, but their other ones are good. 


MUA False Lashes - Sassy
1000 Hour Fashion Lashes - Daring Black

MUA False Lashes
These were very fake indeed, they felt like plastic and were not comfortable to wear either. I think maybe because I purchased the super long ones is why they felt so annoying. The glue was pretty standard, did the job. I have only worn these twice, both times to costume parties and after seeing the photos - theres a distinct gap between my real lashes and the falsies :( even though I did apply them properly. They're cheap for a reason I suppose. Will not repurchase.

1000 Hour Lashes
I bought these from Price Attack and have worn them a few times - I always got lots of compliments! Application wasn't the easiest, but they looked amazing - dark and dramatic. Perfect for a night out or special event. The applicator for the glue was quite handy too. As for whether I would repurchase, I'm not sure...I've recently discovered Ardell lashes (helloooo demi wispies) which are 10x easier to apply and look incredible. Plus, they're super cheap too, I bought two pairs off ebay for about $2.50 each. So in summary, no I wouldn't repurchase, but not because they're a bad product.


Top - bottom
Covergirl eyeshadow trio
Nivea Fruity Shine in Strawberry
Lip Smacker in Cotton Candy
Sleek Volume & Curl mascara
Left: Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

Covergirl eyeshadow
This is many years old, I actually found it when I cleaned out my drawers...yikes. I used to wear this when I was in high school and had no clue how to do makeup. I tend to avoid Covergirl products these days (with the exception of the clump crusher mascara) because they remind me of my clueless younger days!

Nivea lip balm
I am a huge fan of their lip balms. I looove anything strawberry scented so I'd probably buy this one again, once I've used up one of my 1000 other lip balms.

Lip Smacker
A fun reminder of being a kid really. This smells divine and I'd probably repurchase (in a different flavour) if I feel inspired one day.

Sleek Volume & Curl mascara
I've had this for a while now, but probably used it maybe...half a dozen times? It's just not that great, it doesn't do much for my lashes. Not repurchasing. 

What products are you chucking out this month?

5 comments:

  1. I wasn't a fan on the Coles brand nail polish remover I found it REALLY dried out my hands. Sucks because it's so cheap!

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's no good! To be honest, I don't see any differences with other brands. Cutex has a whole range of different ones, I tried the moisture one but it doesn't really do anything special.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I emptied a whole 3 SAMPLE products last month, and I only recently threw out my Covergirl eyeshadow that I have had for years too! Mine had 4 different colour though lol
    I've just been selected as one of there winners for Pink tickets so I sure am glad I don't avoid them these days :) I love their Outlast Foundation at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard a lot of good things about their outlast foundation, maybe I shouldn't be so sceptical haha. Congrats on winning the tickets, that sounds amazing!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...