Sunday 1 June 2014

FOTN: Saturday night fun

Saturday night means time to play with makeup!! Oh, and see friends too, I guess.

 Sleek blush in 'Pomegranate'
Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation
Essence XXL Shine Lipgloss in 'Big Night Out'
Benefit High Beam
Benefit They're Real Mascara
Face of Australia Liquid liner

A simple look for a casual evening, but two of these products I had not used before! The lipgloss and highlighter are new-ish to my collection and I finally decided to give them a go. At first, I was kind of unimpressed by High Beam, and the nail polish applicator seemed unhygienic, but I just transferred some of the liquid onto a cotton bud. Once I blended it across my cheekbones, it looked pretty amazing - this might be competing with Mary Lou for my affection soon! As for the lipgloss, I picked up a few Essence glosses the other day, mostly because they were so cheap ($3 something each) and I wanted something semi-neutral that I could wear for a non-lipstick appropriate occasion. 


What do you think? I'm not sure what happened with the flash here, but it looks kinda cool! Also do you guys like my hair? I had red balayage done the other day, I'm loving it so far!! Change is as good as a holiday :)

Thanks for reading xx

8 comments:

  1. Love the hair! Also, incidentally, love the FOA liquid liner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leah and I'm glad you're enjoying it! I'll probably stick with it for the rest of my eyeliner-wearing life haha

      Delete
  2. I find the nail polish applicator unhygienic as well , probably why ive been putting off using a lot of my tints!
    I LOVE your new hair :)!! I've been looking into ombre hair for the past month.

    LilynotLouise | Beauty and Food

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's a bit gross when you think about how many germs you could be transferring in and out of the product. And thank you!! You should definitely go for ombre, it looks awesome on dark hair :)

      Delete
  3. Your hair looks really good! Love the makeup, must try the Rimmel Stay Matte foundation. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Loz! I'd recommend it if you want a fuller coverage foundation for a great price :)

      Delete
  4. You always look stunning Sarah and these products are being shown off magnificently - that essence gloss is one of my faves. LOVE the red highlights too - woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dearest Kat! I'm liking the glosses so far, think I might pick up a couple more :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...